2.02.2015

The After Christmas Break Hangover

There IS such a thing as needing a vacation from your vacation. Alaska was a great time, but man we were exhausted when we got back to Virginia. It took us almost the whole month of January to get back into our routine.

I started back up nannying "my" two kiddos, and I caught a cold from one of them that turned in
this... See how swollen that one side is?! This was when I first noticed it swollen but it hurt to eat. Like I had cut my tongue and would sting when I would salivate.
 Then the next morning I woke up with a goose egg on my neck so I went to the doc!
 I was certain it was a swollen Lymph node because of the cold I had. But come to find out is was a Salivary Gland Stone. Like a kidney stone in your mouth! OUCH! So after getting antibiotics, and eating lots of sour candies and lemons, the stone passed and now I'm normal again! It was so random. Apparently a lot of people have been getting these stone from lack of water during the night while they have a cold and your saliva backs up and blah blah. It hurt, bottom line. So beware my friends! 

A few months after we got here I found some furniture at a thrift shop that was in great shape and insanely cheap! So I bought it. The previous colors were hideous so I started to paint finally when we got back. The mirror is done, and the one of two dressers is half done! So that will be shown later. 

Before:
After:
One day we went to Olive Garden with a giftcard we had and afterwards we went to a store called "World Market" I had never been and D told me I would love it dang.... it's a naughty store! Naughty like, everything in it is cute and my bank account may be in trouble! They had so many fun and old toys, and magnifying glasses!! I can't remember the last time I even held one of these! We originally went into get some Kinder chocolate but then we I had to look around. Not only did we not even get the chocolate, we left the store with a new mug and utensil jar instead... hahah I may have to make a trip back there before we move.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment