9.11.2015

Bay Area Trip part 1

Be ready for a wordy and photo heavy post! 

Let me preface by saying that this trip was ALMOST cancelled. Dallan misplaced his wallet the day before we were leaving... so after a few hours of looking he cancelled all of our cards except for my debit card. Here's the catch.. the car rental was under his name. Long story short... we got it figured out and paid double we originally thought for the car because I'm not 25 yet... so yay for that..

After flying the red eye to Sacramento, our first stop was of course In-N-Out, and to swap drivers because there was no way in HECK I was driving in the crazy California traffic. 
We then made our way down to Fairfield where Dallan lived for a time. He has been talking about the Jelly Belly factory since I met him so this was stop #2. It was okay... we were both exhausted so we may have not been that enthused. Plus it was 90 degrees... oh, and I don't like Jelly Beans. 
After we went to his Uncle and Aunt's house where we were staying the duration of the trip. I finally got to meet the Petersen side! It was exciting. They were super accommodating (shout out to Travis for letting us have his room for over a week!). I'm pretty sure I was in and out of conversations from pure exhaustion that night. haha!!

The next day was all about Dallan! Took a walk down memory lane and saw where he used to live, go to church, etc.

Dallan's Grandpa Fred used to take him to this Casper's hot dog place when he was a kid. 
Cheese and mustard on a hotdog?! I think it's disgusting but this guy can't get enough! 
The church building D was baptized in. I wasn't expecting Spanish Architecture.
After a few more stops at different houses, we drove across the bay to Half Moon Bay. It was so pretty (despite the dried up dead seal on the beach) and HOT! We got a little crispy... 
We found a lot of sea glass and possible GOLD?! It's probably fools gold, but who's to say huh?
After about 3ish hours we decided to try to beat the traffic down to San Jose to meet up with some more family! 
Day 3 was all about the city by the bay. I'm not going to lie, I was a nervous wreck about driving in the city and trying to get around.. I'll just say that we got SPOILED in DC with the amazing public transit there!

We got to drive across the bridge and go to Baker Beach to get this killer view. This is definitely my favorite bridge!
I love him!!!! 

Yay for squinty eye and burnt face selfies!

Such a romantic place for a bench, overlooking the ocean.. with two giant dumpsters behind you!

After our photo shoot we drove into the real city.. holy cow those HILLS!!!!! I still can't get over them. We luckily found parking garage and once we found that spot we stayed there and walked. We didn't want another LA fiasco... (our car got towed).

We are obsessed with Boudin Sourdough bread. They have cute (and yummy) bread characters so we took a class on how they actually make them. It was cheesy, but fun.
My Bear Frog. It's really a bear but it looks like a frog... haha
Dallan's Turtle

We got stuck in a tourist trap and rode the cable car. It was cool but definitely a one time deal. We waited a good hour until we actually got on. I wanted to get our money's worth so we rode it to the end of the line and wanted to ride it back.. Well the end of the line also had an hour wait to get back on... So nope! We decided to walk back even though we paid for two rides. Our legs were really feeling those hills.. 
Bored in line! 
Before we went to the wharf, I wanted to get some of our money back for our tickets so I was asking people in line if they bought tickets to the trolley yet. I ended up getting $10 our of $14 bucks back! Not to shabby! Everyone probably thought I was just trying to sell them fakes or something. If looks could kill.... YIKES! Some people...
This crazy house on our walk back! 
Lombard street. LOOK HOW SLANTED!!! I couldn't believe it.
Sunset on the Wharf
A sort of last minute decision, a couple weeks before we left, we were both feeling down and decided Disneyland would cheer us up. So off we drove 10 hours to go to Disneyland! D's parent's and two of his siblings met up with us there too. 
Just the quote we needed. The happiest place on earth. =)
HILARIOUS!!! I love the Tower of Terror and as you can see, D hates it! He was a trooper and compromised with at least one hand up!
Splash Mountain! Another Fave
That's water, not sweat! Okay... it's a little of both. 
CRAVING SATISFIED!!!  Ever since moving from Virgina, I've been craving this pizza. Luckily it's in SoCal. My mouth waters everytime I see this picture. New York Style pizza is the best.
Before drive back to the bay area, we stopped by Newport beach for a few minutes. It's such a nice beach!! I wish we could've stayed longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment