4.13.2015

Buggy Rides and Hershey Park

Woohoo for Easter weekend!!! It was bittersweet for us since it is our last hoorah before making our move back to Alaska.

 I got to have Friday off work and D didn't have school so we headed up to PA for the weekend!

We stopped by an Amish town in Lancaster County and as soon as we got into the county we saw a buggy!!!! It made me laugh so hard. I was mostly in shock and was like, "WOW! They're real!" So naive of me... 
We headed to Plain N Fancy farm to go on a buggy ride! I kind of got creeped out and ALMOST backed out of going on the ride but I'm glad I didn't!!! 

 It was Good Friday, so we weren't allowed to stop by one of the houses to get a cookie like they normally do because the Amish were getting ready for Easter. That was kind of a bummer. But we rode around the area in the buggy with our driver Henry. Turns out, Henry was raised Reformed Amish and then his family left the group and since then he has moved back. He's not Amish anymore but he still interacts with them. It was kind of a relief to not have an full blown Amish person as the driver because then I would've felt like I couldn't ask questions. My fear was that I would disrespect the Amish and that was not my intention. It made the ride less awkward. I learned A LOT! 

Inside the buggy!
I spy Amish children!
This image is strange. A bunch of teenage Amish kids standing next to super nice trucks!! Not what I was expecting at all.
Yes, this is the real name of the town... SO FUNNY!!!
Couldn't resist getting a photo.. HA!!!
Our ultimate goal for this weekend was to go to Hershey Park! As a choco-holic, I dreamed of going there since I was little after seeing it on the travel channel! It was cheap to go this weekend too! Saved 20 bucks a ticket. SCORE!!

We went Saturday morning. The forecast called for mid 50 degrees with no chance of rain. All good right? Wrong. I wore shorts, a tshirt and sandals.... little did I know, the wind chill brought the temps to a FREEZING 38 degrees of gusty winds ALL DAY! I didn't over pack this time so I had no sweats or along pants with me. Luckily we left early to swing by Walmart to buy me some sweats and socks. But there were no sweats to be found, so I ended up with my first pair of JEGGINGS! HAHA They were super long in the waist and way to long in leg length but fit me great around my legs! Oh Walmart.. oh well, at least I was warm! 

Waiting for the park to open!
Entrance
This photo makes me crack up!!! Does anyone else leave their camera open and on accident end up with photos like this?! After we left the park I was going through the photos and came across THREE of these... I laughed SO hard! I just had to keep it. A stranger's butt, makes me laugh! 
The Sooper Dooper Looper was the first coaster on the East Coast that went upside down. It was super dooper!! Haha!
I always have to ride the swings! They're so relaxing
The best five dollar s'more you'll ever eat! They even roast the marshmallows over a legit fire! 
One of my favorite rides!
Front row on one of the many wooden coasters they have! This particular one scared the HECK out of me!!! I thought I was going to fly off the rails!
The small Hershey statue! 
Sunday was our last day in Hershey, PA. We drove around the town to take it all in. 
Look at how cute those light posts are!!! I died when I saw them!
We then went to Chocolate World before driving back to VA. Holy crowded! I guess everyone wanted to get their Easter chocolate all at the same time! They have a lot of activities you can do for a small big fee... so we opted out and went on the free ride that shows you how the chocolate is made. It's cheesy, and fake but it's fun for the kiddos. I really wanted to make my own chocolate bar, but I'm cheap and didn't want to spend the $15 buck AND have to wait 2 hours, then I would've had to pay 12 bucks for parking! (They give you 3 hours free parking). 
I love vintage looking tins! So this was our only souvenir we bought at Chocolate World. Bonus: there are Hershey Kisses inside =) How cute is that?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment