10.13.2014

New York City//Part 2

Dallan bought him and I tickets to see the Jets vs Broncos game!!! I'm a colts fan, so I've always wanted to see Peyton Manning play and I FINALLY GOT TO! When we got to the stadium and I saw the field I got teary eyed... Dream come true. I always said if I had one wish before I died I would want to hang out with Peyton Manning and George Strait. This is pretty much equivalent right?!
 So happy!
 Peyton Manning throwing the ball!
 This guy was so impressive!!! That box is FULL of hotdogs and he was climbing up and down the steep stairs with it on his head!!! Props to him!
 After the game we hung out at the hotel and tried out this local pizza place called "Stelton's Pizza." It was SO GOOD!!! I crave it all the time now. If you guys are in Piscataway Township, NJ you HAVE to try it!

Monday (Columbus Day) was... stressful. We had bought tickets for the boat to take us to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty at 9 AM. So we wake up bright and early had start driving to the state park. Well our car is very moody... so when we got to stand still traffic, on a 2-lane bridge, with no shoulder... our car decided that it wanted to overheat. The bridge itself was probably less then a mile long but it took us a good 20 minutes to get across. D and I were FREAKING out because we had no where to pull over but we HAD to stop or else our radiator would blow up. So we stopped... We parked the car, turned the hazards on and held up traffic even more.. Sorry NJ commuters!!! 

We waited for about 20 minutes, and made our way across the rest of the bridge and to the state park with no trouble... It was super annoying and Dallan and I were both in awful moods when we got to the park.

Some tourist advice... If you go to Ellis Island, make sure you go to the New Jersey side! It's 10 times less crowded then the New York side! 

Entrance to Ellis Island
 D and I both have ancestors who came to America through Ellis Island. It was surreal to say the least.
 NYC Skyline
 Next stop was the Statue of Liberty! (Sidenote: Hunger struck me again on this part of the trip... not good. Not only that, but there were HUNDREDS of Seagulls and other birds here... and I HATE birds)
 Lady Liberty
Yup, This HAD to be done. Gotta love John Lennon!
Afterwards, we headed to Hoboken, NJ to see Carlos Bake Shop!! We waited 2 hours to be able to order... SO YUMMY THOUGH! I wouldn't do it again, but I'm glad we went!
This weekend was something else. I will never forget it! Stay tuned for the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment