1.28.2015

November Visitors! // Playing Catch Up...

You guys, don't do what I'm doing right now. I'm playing catch up from NOVEMBER!!! Bad, bad, bad blogging habit! UGH! 

In November we had a few visitors come which was so fun and amazing! I LOVE having visitors *hint hint* so come! I'll show you around this awesome city that I've grown to love (and hate)! haha

Our first visit was my brother-in-law! He was actually serving his mission in Baltimore and went back to Vegas, then 2 weeks later came back East for a visit! YAY! We went to Gettysburg with him. This was technically D and I's 2nd time coming to Gettysburg, but we don't count the 1st because it was on accident on our way to Upstate NY! Whoops!

Gettysburg was not what I was expecting. I didn't really have expectations I guess, but it was different from what I pictured. Everyone should take a trip out there... its just unreal to say the least.
I spy a big gulp.... or what I like to call a diabetes gross gulp..
I LOVED all the apple trees! It was past the season, but all the apples on the ground smelt delicious even though they were rotting... 
Memorials on top of memorials you guys!
Next stop was Baltimore! Kyle showed us around some parts where he served his mission and then took us to this really cool L shaped alley! "Tag Alley" is what they call it and it was really neat to see!
Later that week, we took him to the The Mall and did all the touristy stuff (which I love!).
Laying at the base of the Washington Monument! You've got to try it!
While D was at school and I had the day off work, I took my BIL to Arlington Cemetery. It also happened to be Veteran's Day Weekend and all of these WW2 and Vietnam war Vet's were there too! It was really inspiring. I'm so grateful for our Military!

A week later, my mom and little sister came to visit! I'm sad we didn't document this trip well because it was a fast trip for Dance stuff (My mom owns a dance studio). But it was so nice to have them here!

We went the The Mall again, but this time we went to the top of the Washington Monument! I haven't done that before until they got there because it was off season for DC. 

Travel Tip: On busy tourist seasons, you need to get your tickets for this EARLY! They're free but they go fast!
I'm pretty sure I experienced Vertigo once we got to the stop. I got super dizzy! It was really weird... But after that left, we looked out the windows on all 4 sides! Gosh I love this City!!!!
We headed to Pennsylvania over the weekend and stopped by the temple! It's one of my favorite temples by far!
We got dinner at a steak house (I can't remember the name right now...) and the strawberry Lemonade was to DIE FOR... and HUGE!!! Just look at those Mason Jars!
Again... I'm sad we didn't document more... but it was a good time! I miss them =(


No comments:

Post a Comment