1.29.2015

The Nutcracker Ballet

It is tradition for us to see the Nutcracker Ballet every December. Except we actually haven't been since getting married!! We went 2 years in a row when we were dating/engaged, but after we got married, funds were a tad more tight! 

When I found out The Washington Ballet was doing The Nutcracker, I found the cheapest tickets they had left and bought them. As a "retired" dancer, I'm always craving going to the theater for ballets or other dance like things. 
On the metro! It was actually stopped at this point... I hate when it stops in the middle of a dark tunnel.. my claustrophobia kicks in. So what better way to distract myself then with photos!
Warner Theater!
AHH! This is by far the prettiest theater I've been in. It was smaller then what I'm used to, but it was SO pretty!
I mean, c'mon! Look at the detail!!!!

The performance itself was pretty good. Each choreographer has artistic license so there were some parts that were like ehhhh.. Ballet West is still has done my favorite Nutcracker performance! Nonetheless, I'm so glad we got to see it! The next ballet I want to see live is Swan Lake!!! I've watched it on film, but never live. Someday......

No comments:

Post a Comment