2.15.2014

Liebster Award!

My blog has been nominated for the Liebster Award! I'm actually pretty shocked and excited about this. I never thought my blog would get followed by anyone or anyone would be interested in my life. It's pretty humbling. I was nominated by Allyce at Anchors The Soul (who happens to be on my side bar too! Check out her blog!).

Liebster

The rules for the Liebster Award are as follows: 

1. Link back to the blogger that nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions requested by the nominator
3. Choose 11 nominess with small followings.
4. You cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
5. You must let the bloggers know they were nominated

I'm so excited to be doing this, because for some reason... I love doing surveys!! And you guys get to read a little more about me. =)

1. What is your favorite link-up at the moment?
I haven't done too many link-up's but I like "3 Things Thursday" that Allyce does. I love the randomness of it! =)

2. Where is your hometown?
My home town is Eagle River, Alaska. I always tell people I first meet I'm from Anchorage though, because most don't have a clue about ER! 

3. What is one of the best features or attractions of your hometown?
Besides the fact that it's a small town and the "downtown" is literally about 2 blocks, and the town in nestled in a valley of huge mountains...The BALD EAGLES you see in the winter are amazing!! Today I walked my dogs and there were 2 Bald Eagles sitting in a tree near my house just chillin. They are so HUGE and so pretty! I could go on and on about my home town... I'm kind of in love with it.

4. Mac or PC?
I've never owned a Mac before... So I guess a PC!

5. Share one piece of advice-- there are no restrictions here! Just one piece of advice :)
Don't be afraid of what you believe. I'm still working on this one, but I've always been timid about sharing what I believe. Being married to Dallan has helped me come out of my shell in that aspect.

6. How did you celebrate Valentine's Day this year?
Dallan and I had a night in. He is super sick with a cough/fever so I made dinner and we just hung out watching the Olympics! We got each other gifts a week or so ago though. I got him a Beatles record and he got me a video camera bag! 

7. You have one night with nothing on the schedule. What do you do?
It depends on the season, but since it's winter I WATCH TV! I love TV so much... so every time I get a chance... I'm glued to the screen. It's kind of bad..

8. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I'm not sure where I see myself living in 5 years, that could change after the 3 years of law school Dallan has ahead of him in DC.. but I do see myself with 2 kids and being a stay at home mom. =) 

9. What is your favorite guilty pleasure TV show?
I hate even saying it... But I really enjoy watching Teen Mom 2... I have no idea why. 

10. Beer or wine? What is your current fav?
I've actually never have had a drink of Alcohol in my life... for two reasons.. #1. My religion advises us not to drink and is ultimately against it (but I have lots of friends who do and I don't care if they drink or not). So I never have had a huge interest in it. and #2. Alcoholism runs in my family.. So I was always partly scared of becoming an alcoholic if I had a sip. BUT if I were to drink, I think I would be a wine drinker. 

11. What's your favorite form of social media?
I really like instagram! I like looking at pictures people post. =)

I have nominated, in no particular order:
Elizabeth @ Army Ever After
Lacey @ Koop and Lace
Jennie @ Jennie and Husband
Margo @ Gutenblog Y'all
Whitney @ Life Alaskan Style
Mar @ t.o. & fro
Sara @ Life As A Hughes
Ashley @ From A to Z
Birdie and Holls @ Clean Enough Laundry
Kaliagh Ann @ Kailagh Anne
Kylie @ Kylie In The Sky

CONGRATS!!! Here are your 11 Questions!

1. Who would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?
2. If you could do anything you wanted right now, what would it be?
3. If money was no object, what would you do all day?
4. Where do you most want to travel, but have never been? 
5. What is your favorite memory?
6. Who is your favorite author?
7. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
8. How would your friends describe you?
9. If you had to evacuate your house immediately, what is one thing you would grab on the way out?
10. Who is the one person that helped make you who you are today?
11. What do you do when you're driving alone in the car?



3 comments:

  1. Yay!! Congrats my friend :) you deserve it! Also, Thats awesome you're from Alaska! I'd love to vaca there someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so cute! Thanks for the nomination :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! Thanks for the nomination, girl!

    ReplyDelete