2.04.2014

Valentine's Day Confession

I'm married and I HATE Valentine's Day

I laughed a little to hard when I saw this..

Yup, you read that right. Cue all the shocking, "How can you hate Valentine's Day?!" questions. 

First let me explain, I don't care if other's celebrate it, do what you want, but I have ALWAYS hated this holiday. 

Valentine's Day was only cool as kids because you can pick out funny cards and come home from school with a butt load of candy! Two Halloween's in one year? I'll take it. But as I got older the more awkward it got. Everyone was so worried about having a "Valentine" when I'm just sitting here like, "I like movies." eCards anyone?

I understand that Valentine's Day is a celebration of love, but why can't that be celebrated every day? I'm not talking about gifts and candy every day, but just acts of kindness and trying to be the best spouse or girlfriend/boyfriend you can be. Why do we need an ultra celebration for this? Isn't that what wedding anniversaries are for? D and I go on frequent date nights (more so when we aren't living with my parents), so Valentine's Day was just another day for us and I LOVE THAT! Sure, we still get each other gifts for Valentine's day and I may just be speaking for myself, but I feel like we just do that because we feel like we "have" to because it's Valentine's Day. 

I love chocolate but this made me laugh too.

I may just be that one weird girl out there, but I don't need some Hollywood, elaborate, over-the-top flash mob in the middle of a park to make me feel loved. A simple bear hug and words of appreciation will do just fine for me! 

So for all you Valentine's Day haters out there: You are not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment