3.12.2014

"Spring Break"

Spring break is very different in Alaska then most states. Spring means, melting snow and warm sun right? Well that won't happen until April here in Alaska. So that means winter activities are still in full swing in March!!!

Monday, my dad, D, sister, Gpa, uncle's, aunt, and little cousin of mine headed up to the cabin for a night. It was in the 20's-ish on the way in so it wasn't too cold. After we got to the cabin we rode around the meadows and hung out talking (my aunt and I about the bachelor...), and eating yummy steak and potatoes. I feel like I eat better camping then at home... funny how that works..

The next day it warmed up to the 40's!!! It was really hot.. We all were sweating riding around the ponds and lakes. I took a lot of pictures so bear with me! 

I'm biased, but D looks so cute in this hat!! 



Don't mind me looking like I'm 12.. 



My dad is such a ham... Must be where I get it from



D riding the snow machine (or snow mobile for those in the states) for his 2nd time EVER!!! 


Very over exposed, but it's kinda cool looking


I love the mountains and all it has to offer!


My cute little cousin


Riding on the lake



I had a bit too much fun with my dad's reflective goggles!



Building a snow man for my sister to blow the head off with her new gun!


6 comments:

  1. Brr!! Looks cold but it also looks like the view from here right now too! It was 45 yesterday and beautiful, today... 20 and we got about 7 inches of snow last night. Needless to say, I'm more than ready to head south for some Florida sunshine for my Spring Break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was cold the first day, but the second we were all sweating! haha It's all melting today actually... Kinda sad but I think I'm ready for summer now that I've gotten all my winter activities done FINALLY! I'm excited to hear all about your trip!

      Delete
  2. omg i wanna be there right now! ;) you're dad looks hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun!!! My dad is a goofball. He literally makes a friend ANYWHERE he goes! I wish I had a little more of that in me.

      Delete
  3. It's so funny to hear someone say that 20 degrees isn't too cold and that they were sweating because it was hot out at 40 degrees! I have never been to Alaska, although my husband has it on his list to hopefully go to sometime.

    Just A Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely have to visit sometime! It's very unique for sure!

      Delete