9.04.2014

Marriage and Relationship Goals | Link up

Hey everyone! I'm linking up with Amberly from Life with Amberly and Joe today for marriage and relationship goals!


This last year and a bit has been a doozy for D and I. Something that doesn't bring peace into our marriage is living with our parents (we do appreciate having lived there. It helped us save a ton of money for our move..). We like to have our own space and when we live with our parents we tend to not focus on us and we focus on our families instead. BIG NO NO! That caused a lot of rifts and bumps for us.

Needless to say, having our own place in VA has been wonderful! It's amazing how much our relationship has almost gotten back to what it used to be in one month. Now, there are still things we need to work one which is why I'm linking up with Amberly today!!


September Marriage Goals:

**PUT DOWN THE ELECTRONICS!!! For me it's my phone, and for him it's his laptop (after he's done with his homework obviously)

I want to be able to enjoy each other. We live in such a techy world that we just have screens by our faces the whole time we actually have time to be with each other!


Marriage & Relationship Goals


New to the Marriage & Relationship Goals Link-up? Goals help our relationships grow stronger and get better with time as well as help us move forward and avoid the "ruts" of life. This link-up was created in hopes of inspiring your relationship with your significant other no matter your chapter in life and love. We would love for you to join us in making the things we do in our relationships intentional. 

If you would like more information, click here. If you would like to sign up for the newsletter, click here. If you are interested in cohosting, click here.


7 comments:

  1. Living with family definitely brings its own set of challenges! We lived with my in laws for a few days in the transition between apartment to house, and it was really helpful to have that option, but hard to adjust to not having our own space, etc. I love your goal. This is one that I need to work on constantly!!!!

    Thanks for co-hosting! I love having you as part of the link-up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't imagine living with my family, and especially my husbands hahaha. Things would be so stressful, glad you guys have your own place to call home now!

    Sunflowers & Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know what you mean! It was a challenge for sure but we are grateful =)

      Delete
  3. just found your blog through the link-up and we are doing the 'electronics down, millennials' as one of ours too! why is it so addicting? also...been there and did that last year when we lived with his parents for a bit. sure is an opportunity for 'growth and learning' isn't it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! It's been a HUGE struggle not having my phone with me at all times while my husband is home from school... but it's a work in progress! xoxo

      Delete