9.12.2014

First Weekend In DC!

I'm a month behind... but I'm catching up!

After the road trip we unpacked the moving van and got kind of settled before D's dad flew in for a few days. 

We saw a lot of the main monuments in DC and visited the Smithsonian. It was hotter then snot and humid as hello! We were DYING!!!! My Father-in-laws cousins drove up from VA Beach to see us too. That is the first family I've met from the Petersen side! FINALLY! They are such nice people!

 Washington Monument
Every time I see this view and the view from the Lincoln Memorial facing the Washington Monument, I ALWAYS just picture Forrest Gump and "Jennay" HAHA
My FIL snapped this photo of me and thought it was hilarious Notice the "No wading" sign... well sorry folks, it was fetching hot and this water felt GLORIOUS!!! I'm not the only one as you can see... also as we walked away a guy literally was floating on his back in the middle of the fountain. HILARIOUS!!!! I was too late to snap a photo though.
Can't you imagine Jenny running through that water yelling "Forest!!"
Selfie with Lincoln!
The next day we had a bit of a late start but made it in time to see the Arlington Cemetary! It was unreal
Changing of the Guard
 Robert E. Lee's house
 On D's families last day, we left some goodies at his brother's apartment (who is serving his LDS Mission in Baltimore... a mere 45 minutes from us... THE STRUGGLE IS REAL!!) and got pictures by his door because we weren't allowed to see him. Talk about adrenaline rush to make sure he didn't come home and/or hear us and open his door! HAH!

2 comments:

  1. Hey at least this trip gave you a lot to blog about! I love reading about all the things you did during your travels. P.S. I totally think of Forest Gump looking at that too haha.

    Sunflowers & Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh for sure! Summers I don't do much besides work so my posts would consist of "so I painted a lot if window trim and fascia AGAIN this week! The color was blue!" Hahah not really worth writing about! Thanks for reading!!!

      Delete