9.16.2014

Mt. Vernon, Battle Fields, and ALAN JACKSON!

August 16: We woke up so excited for the day! We headed to Mt. Vernon first. Dallan has always been a big fan of George Washington so this was a must! And I got to say, it was so COOL! I loved the grounds, house, view, everything. 
I also love how the historic places here make their workers dress in the time period. It makes it more real.
George's house
I loved this side of the house. I love columns on anything. 
Washington's Carriage
Potomac River is HUGE! Just as wide as the Mississippi I think..
This tree is one of the oldest trees on the plantation! I think it was circa 1600's
Pano of the view. It was to die for

We then headed to Fredericksburg. I LOVE that town! It's so cute and quaint. My ancestor on my mom's side fought for the Yankee's and the battle of Fredericksburg. We went and visited the site and it felt so eerie.. Especially at one part where the sign says something like "right here lay fallen soldiers after the battle" uhhh what... freaky! I wouldn't want to walk around this area at night..

 This house is original (refurbished obviously) and has bullet holes all over it. 
Part of the original wall the soldiers built for cover..

We then went and walked around Historic Fredericksburg to kill some time. They have an area called "Antique Mall" and it was antique shops for days!!! I was dying to buy a piece of furniture... Maybe before we leave...

We sat in the car for awhile before the concert because it was POURING rain... Good thing we bought ponchos... we would've been soaked because the concert was outdoors.
It was a lifelong dream of mine to see Alan Jackson. Such a classy guy. He was amazing live too! That's what I love about country.. they sound good on the record and live! (horrible Iphone quality but it'll do!)

No comments:

Post a Comment