11.23.2013

Recognizing Our Talents

Today I am taking a special moment to be thankful for my talents. While in Hawaii we stopped by Haleiwa to watch the waves. There were SO many surfers!! This one little surfer specifically stuck out to me. He was around 4 years old. He had a little wet suit on and a life jacket and his own surf board. He was with his dad and they said a cute prayer before going out to surf. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen. Not long after observing this boy, I started to become jealous of this 4 year old! He was a great surfer for a little guy and had the best balance of a 4 year old I've ever seen. I was just saying over and over, "I'm so jealous of him! He is amazing! I wish I could do that!" 
After we left I couldn't stop talking about him! My dad told me that they would probably be jealous of all the camping, fishing and hunting we get to do in Alaska. That really made me appreciate the talents I have. I have many talents that I am proud of that others may not even know how to do! It's amazing how we can learn a lot about ourselves when we take a step back and realize how amazing each and every one of us is!









No comments:

Post a Comment