10.01.2013

Alaska State Fair

        I can't tell you guys how EXCITED I was to be home for the state fair. I have missed it the past couple years and I would always get picture texts from my mom of all my favorite foods... I was not a happy camper when I got those... But this year I was able to go twice this year and I was a happy camper for sure! I got to eat all my favorite foods: the turkey leg, husky cheeseburger, chili bread bowl, fried zucchini, corn on the cob, and the Denali cream puff! (I'm a fatty at heart!). The fair has most of the same rides as Bear Paw, but I never ride the rides at the state fair. I just pig out, look at the vendor booths, look at the farm animals and the gigantic vegetables, listen to the concerts playing outside of the gate, and watch the various performances of mostly local groups. My mom's dance studio performed so I was able to watch my little sister dance which is always neat!

        This year the state brought Michael Harrison a ventriloquist to perform. He was HILARIOUS! His show was very entertaining. As far as concerts go... I didn't go to any, but the one I do regret not going to is the Bret Michaels concert! I heard it was so fun and that he was really good with the crowd and sounded just like the record. I just love Bret! He seems like a really good person. Bill Cosby was another one I wish I went to because he is getting up there in age... but oh well! Shoulda, woulda, coulda!

Here are pictures and another video I know you guys just love to watch ;)


AK State Fair 2013 from Jordan Petersen on Vimeo.

2 comments: