12.20.2013

Have No Fear


Yesterday we went to a duck pond that probably had close to 100 birds there! Birds are one of the many fears of mine. I tend to always say, "That's my worst fear!" whenever someone mentions something kind of scary. That fear ends up on my fear list. I wish I didn't have that many fears.. But the world is scary!

After my encounter with the birds yesterday, I then remember this boy in Hawaii that I was observing (I told you I have a bad obsession of  people watching). If you can't tell, this boy has Down Syndrome and he had NO FEAR! This beach we were at had really big waves even though in the pictures they don't look that big. This boy would run into the waves, they would crash over him and he would get washed back up to the beach and then he would repeat! He wasn't scared for his life. He was having so much fun! It made me think about how much fun life can be if we can sometimes forget about our fear of heights (or whatever your fears may be) and just jump off the cliff into the water and enjoy the rush! 

That is easier said then done... but I am going to work on not being so fearful in life! Life is wonderful and it needs to be enjoyed!



No comments:

Post a Comment