12.10.2013

Missing Utah

 Dallan and I made it to Vegas!!! It's so good seeing his family after 8ish months. I actually slept on the airplane for a couple hours too! BONUS!


It's funny how our perspectives can change as we mature and get older.

 When I was younger I always said I would NEVER go to school or live in Utah. Period. I don't know why but I always said that. Even after graduating high school I still had this weird vendetta against Utah, but of course ended up going to college there because at the time that was the only "less scary" move to make because it was a state I was somewhat familiar with besides Alaska. 

Now the first semester was hell. I hated it and almost quit college to move back to Alaska. It was a weird time.. I don't do well with change at all. I had to learn to be an adult really fast and never felt more alone. Obviously I sucked it up and finished my met my husband there, got my Associates Degree and all that fun stuff. 

After moving away from Utah this past April, I find myself missing it! It's the weirdest thing. I still know I could never live there permanently, but I will definitely visit frequently. Utah has a unique beauty to it and it will always hold a special place in my heart. It's funny how you have to move away from some place to really appreciate it. The same thing happened when I moved away from Alaska for college! 

ONLY ONE MORE DAY UNTIL I'M IN UTAH!!! I'm so excited for my best friend's wedding and I seriously can't wait to see all my friends!



A couple of my amazing roommates who I miss dearly!




No comments:

Post a Comment